Sausage and Egg Casserole
- 12 beaten eggs
- 14 slices bread
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups grated Cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- 1 pound sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons mustard, optional
- Grease sides of slow cooker (or spray with Pam).
- If desired, spread
mustard on one side of the bread and cut bread into large squares.
- Make layers in the slow cooker of bread, followed by sausage, followed
by cheese, ending with a cheese layer.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together.
- Pour over slow cooker mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 12 hours.
Yield: 8-10 servings