- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 (6- to 7-inch diameter) flour tortillas
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper until beef is browned
and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add the next 8 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine cheeses.
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, layer about 3/4 cup beef mixture, 1 tortilla and about 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours or until heated through.
Yield: 4 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.