Tamale Casserole Supreme
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound chorizo (Mexican sausage)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 can Ro-Tel, cut up
- 3 1/2 ounces sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated (Monterey jack and Cheddar)
- Brown the ground beef and chorizo together.
- Drain most of the fat off.
- Pre-mix the egg, milk and cornmeal.
- Put all the other ingredients, except the cheese, into the slow cooker (including the meats).
- Mix them thoroughly.
- Put the egg-milk-cornmeal mixture on top.
- Cook for 5 to 6 hours on HIGH or 10 to 12 hours on LOW.
- About 5 or 10 minutes before serving, cover the top with the grated
Yield: 6 servings