- 2 cups chicken broth or bouillon
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 pound pork sausage
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 mild green chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole pitted ripe olives
- Bring broth or bouillon to boil in medium saucepan.
- Slowly add cornmeal, stirring constantly.
- Simmer mixture for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Using a greased spatula, spread cornmeal mixture on bottom and about
2 inches up sides of slow cooker.
- In large bowl, combine sausage, stew meat, onion, celery, chile
pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, corn, sliced olives, salt and pepper.
- Carefully spoon into center of cornmeal-lined slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
- Garnish with ripe olives, if desired.