- 5 1/2 pounds apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the apples in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, mix the sugar,
cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- Pour the mixture over the apples in the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to LOW and cook 9 to 11 hours, stirring occasionally,
until the mixture is thickened and dark brown.
- Uncover and continue cooking on LOW for 1 hour.
- Stir with a whisk, if desired, to increase smoothness.
- Spoon the mixture into sterile containers, cover and refrigerate or