- 5 1/2 pounds apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the apples in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, mix the sugar,
cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- Pour the mixture over the apples in the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to LOW and cook 9 to 11 hours, stirring occasionally,
until the mixture is thickened and dark brown.
- Uncover and continue cooking on LOW for 1 hour.
- Stir with a whisk, if desired, to increase smoothness.
- Spoon the mixture into sterile containers, cover and refrigerate or
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.