Apple Pecan Bread Pudding
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 8 slices raisin bread, diced
- 2 cups half-and-half or milk
- 2 medium green apples
- 1/4 cup bourbon or brandy
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread pecans in a shallow baking pan and bake until golden, about
8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place bread cubes in a greased slow cooker.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples.
- Mix lightly together the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, add eggs and
- Blend in half-and-half or milk and then stir in bourbon or brandy.
- Lightly mix pecans with bread and apples.
- Pour egg mixture over bread. Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and cook on LOW until apples are tender when pierced and custard is set -
about 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.
- Let pudding stand, covered, for about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.