This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Apple Pecan Bread Pudding
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 8 slices raisin bread, diced
- 2 cups half-and-half or milk
- 2 medium green apples
- 1/4 cup bourbon or brandy
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread pecans in a shallow baking pan and bake until golden, about
8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place bread cubes in a greased slow cooker.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples.
- Mix lightly together the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, add eggs and
- Blend in half-and-half or milk and then stir in bourbon or brandy.
- Lightly mix pecans with bread and apples.
- Pour egg mixture over bread. Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and cook on LOW until apples are tender when pierced and custard is set -
about 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.
- Let pudding stand, covered, for about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.