Chocolate Strawberry Bread Pudding
- 6 cups Rhodes White Bread, baked and cubed
- 1 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Whipped cream and additional strawberries for garnish
- In a slow cooker, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, layer half of the
bread cubes, chocolate chips and strawberries.
- Repeat layers.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, cream, milk, sugar and almond extract.
- Pour over bread mixture and sprinkle with almonds.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream and additional strawberries if desired.
Recipe and photo credit: Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com