Chocolate Raspberry Strata
- 6 cups (1-inch cubes) Hawaiian bread, challah or brioche
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries (do not substitute frozen)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- Place half of the bread cubes in a well-buttered slow cooker. Sprinkle
on half of the chocolate chips and raspberries. Cover with the remaining
bread cubes, then top with the remaining chocolate chips and raspberries.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream, milk, eggs, sugar and
vanilla extract until well blended. Pour evenly over the bread mixture
in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for about 1 3/4 to 2 hours,
or until set. (Do not cook on the low heat setting for a longer
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve garnished with whipped cream.
Yield: about 6 servings
This dessert strata is a type of bread pudding. It is designed
to be cooked on the HIGH heat setting.
Per serving: 897 Calories (kcal); 57g Total Fat; (51% calories
from fat); 11g Protein; 108g Carbohydrate; 155mg Cholesterol; 71mg
Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit;
11 Fat; 7 Other Carbohydrates
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.