Cranberry-Apple Pecan Bread Pudding
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 8 slices raisin bread, diced
- 2 medium green cooking apples
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half or milk
- 1/4 cup bourbon or brandy
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread pecans in a shallow baking pan
and toast until golden, about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place bread cubes in a greased 3-quart or larger crock
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples on top of bread.
- Mix together the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; add eggs and mix well.
- Blend in half and half or milk and then stir in bourbon or brandy.
- Lightly mix pecans with bread and apples; stir in dried cranberries.
- Pour egg mixture over all. Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and cook on LOW until apples are tender when pierced and custard
is set; about 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.
- Let pudding stand, covered,
for about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 12/6/2001 12:25 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes