Raspberry Fudge Brownies in a Jar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Chocolate ice cream topping (optional)
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
- Generously grease two 1-pint straight-sided, wide mouth canning jars.
- Flour the greased jars; set aside.
- In a saucepan melt butter or margarine and chocolate over low heat.
- Remove from heat. Stir in eggs, sugar, jam and vanilla extract.
- Using a spoon, beat lightly just until combined.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Pour batter into prepared jars.
- Cover jars tightly with greased foil, greased side down.
- Place jars in slow cooker.
- Pour 1 cup water around jars.
- Cover; cook on HIGH for 3 to 3 1/2 hours
or until a wooden pick inserted near centers comes out clean.
- Remove jars from slow cooker; cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a metal spatula, loosen brownies from sides of jars.
- Carefully remove rolls from jars.
- Place rolls on their sides on a wire rack; cool completely.
- To serve, cut each roll into 6 slices.
- If desired, serve with ice cream, ice cream topping and fresh raspberries.