English Bread Pudding
- 16 slices firm-textured, day old bread
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 8 ounces mixed dried fruit, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Tear bread, with crusts, into 1- to 2-inch pieces.
- Place into slow cooker.
- Pour milk over bread; let soak 30 minutes.
- Stir in dried fruit, nuts and apple.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour over bread mixture.
- Stir well to blend.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or
until skewer inserted in center comes out clean.
Yield: 8 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.