- 4 slices bread, torn up
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups raisins
- 6 ounces suet, finely chopped
- 1 cup dates, pitted, cut up
- 1/2 cup mixed candied fruits
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Soak bread in milk; beat.
- Stir in eggs, sugar, juice, suet and
- In large bowl, combine flour with baking soda, salt and spices.
- Add fruits and nuts; mix well.
- Stir in bread mixture.
- Pour into
well-greased 2-quart mold.
- Cover with foil; tie with string.
on metal rack or trivet in slow cooker with 1 inch of water.
pot and cook on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; unmold.
- Serve warm, plain or with hard sauce.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
Per Serving: 279 Calories; 5g Fat (15.4% calories from fat);
6g Protein; 57g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 34mg Cholesterol;
Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat
Milk; 1 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates