Hot Caramel Apples
- 4 large tart apples, cored
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 8 tablespoons brown sugar
- 12 red hots candies
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 8 caramels
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Peel about 3/4 inch off the top of each apple; place in a slow cooker.
- Pour juice over apples.
- Fill the center of each apple with
2 tablespoons sugar, three red hots, 1 tablespoon butter and two
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to
6 hours or until the apples are tender.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings