Killer Apple Cobbler
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) package caramels (unwrapped)
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 can cream soda
- 2 cans apple pie filling
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick Pam.
- Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
1/3 of the mixture into the slow cooker and drizzle with one third
of the melted butter. You will repeat this process 2 more times.
- Open and pour the 2 cans of apple pie filing on the sugary mixture,
spreading it evenly in the slow cooker.
- Using another 1/3 of the sugar
and cinnamon blend, sprinkle it over the apples and drizzle with
1/3 of the melted butter.
- Place unwrapped caramels randomly as the
next layer, using half the package.
- Mix the yellow cake mix in separate bowl with 1 can of cream soda.
- Pour the cake mix over the caramels and apples; spread evenly.
the last amount of sugar/cinnamon and melted butter over the cake
- Place paper towel on rim of slow cooker and cover with lid.
The paper towel will absorb excess moisture.
- Cook on High for 2
hours or Low for 3 hours. Check doneness with wooden pick.
- When the cake is done turn off slow cooker and randomly place
the remaining caramels on the top of the cake.
- This time, without the paper towel,
cover with the lid and let the caramels soften and melt somewhat
from the residual heat. Don't let them melt all the way. The
caramels on the top and in the middle of the cake are a delicious
- Serve with scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.