Pina Colada Bread Pudding
- 1 (1 pound) unsliced loaf French bread or sourdough bread
- 1 (10 ounce) can frozen pina colada drink mix
- 1 (6 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- 2 (7 or 8 ounce) ripe bananas, sliced crosswise
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup Irish cream liqueur or 1/4 cup light rum, optional
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple and juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 8 or 10 fresh mint sprigs
- With sharp knife, peel crust from bread; discard crust or make into
breadcrumbs for use in another recipe.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
- In blender or food processor fitted with metal blade, combine half
of following Ingredients: drink mix, pineapple juice, milk, cream
of coconut and banana slices. Process until pureed.
- Pour puree into a 6-cup bowl.
- Puree remaining half or liquid ingredients and banana slices as
well as eggs and liqueur or rum.
- Combine both purees.
- Combine raisins and crushed pineapple with juice, set aside.
- Place about 2/3 of bread cube in slow cooker; sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon
grated lemon peel and spread 1 cup raisin pineapple mixture over
bread in slow cooker.
- Top with remaining bread cubes, then with remaining
lemon peel and raisin-pineapple mixture.
- Pour pureed ingredients into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 hours.
- Spoon pudding into 8 or 10 dessert dishes and serve hot.
- Garnish with mint.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.