Raisin Bread Pudding
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place bread cubes in a greased slow cooker.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and milk; stir in sugar, butter, raisins and cinnamon.
- Pour over bread; stir.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to LOW; cook for 3 to 4 hours or until a thermometer
reads 160 degrees F.
- Just before serving, melt butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add water, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with warm bread pudding.
Yield: 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.