Raspberry Bread Pudding
- 5 cups toasted bread cubes
- 2 1/2 cups scalded milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen raspberries
- Whipped cream for garnish
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- Few drops lemon juice
- Sugar, optional
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur, optional, or use blackberries, Marion berries, loganberries, etc.
- Bread Pudding: Place toasted bread cubes in slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, mix scaled milk, eggs, egg yolks, sugar, almond
extract and melted butter together.
- Defrost berries; drain off any excess juice and mix berries with
- Pour milk mixture on top and gently press bread into
milk mixture with the back of a spoon. Do not stir mixture.
- Set slow cooker on LOW and cook for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream or drizzle with Raspberry
- Raspberry Sauce: Defrost raspberries.
- Place raspberries, raspberry
jam and lemon juice into a food processor or blender.
- Puree until smooth; taste and add sugar, if desired.
- Strain through a sieve to remove seeds.
- Add raspberry liqueur, if desired.
- Drizzle sauce over warm Raspberry Bread Pudding.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.