Ricotta Vanilla Bread Pudding
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 slices challah bread, each 1 1/4 inches thick, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Coat a 1 1/2-quart soufflé dish with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Add bread and raisins to dish.
- Pour milk over top; stir to combine. Set aside.
- Mix together the ricotta, sugar, eggs, sour cream, lemon zest and
- Pour ricotta mixture over bread; mix lightly.
- Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon butter over bread and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil; place in slow cooker bowl.
- Fill bowl with boiling water to reach 1 inch up the side of dish.
- Cover top of slow cooker with a dish towel; top with lid.
- Cook for 2 1/2 hours
on HIGH or until internal temperature registers 140 degrees F on
an instant-read thermometer.
- Cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.