Ricotta Vanilla Bread Pudding
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 slices challah bread, each 1 1/4 inches thick, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Coat a 1 1/2-quart soufflé dish with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Add bread and raisins to dish.
- Pour milk over top; stir to combine. Set aside.
- Mix together the ricotta, sugar, eggs, sour cream, lemon zest and
- Pour ricotta mixture over bread; mix lightly.
- Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon butter over bread and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil; place in slow cooker bowl.
- Fill bowl with boiling water to reach 1 inch up the side of dish.
- Cover top of slow cooker with a dish towel; top with lid.
- Cook for 2 1/2 hours
on HIGH or until internal temperature registers 140 degrees F on
an instant-read thermometer.
- Cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.