- 1 (21.5 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 13 caramel candies, unwrapped
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Place a vegetable steamer or other low rack on the bottom of a 5-quart
electric slow cooker.
- Pour in 4 cups hot tap water and turn on the HIGH heat setting.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, water, oil, and egg.
- Beat to mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Butter and dust with sugar a 2 1/2-quart soufflé dish that fits in
the slow cooker.
- Turn the brownie mixture into the dish.
- Push the caramels partially into the top, but do not cover completely with
the brownie mixture.
- Wrap the dish in a double thickness of foil.
- Tie with kitchen string to resemble a package for ease in lowering
into the pot and removing.
- Place on the rack in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 1/2 hours.
- Remove the dish from the slow cooker, uncover and let cool for 30
- Serve warm, with whipped cream or ice cream.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.