- 1 (21.5 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 13 caramel candies, unwrapped
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place a vegetable steamer or other low rack on the bottom of a 5-quart
electric slow cooker.
- Pour in 4 cups hot tap water and turn on the HIGH heat setting.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, water, oil, and egg.
- Beat to mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Butter and dust with sugar a 2 1/2-quart soufflé dish that fits in
the slow cooker.
- Turn the brownie mixture into the dish.
- Push the caramels partially into the top, but do not cover completely with
the brownie mixture.
- Wrap the dish in a double thickness of foil.
- Tie with kitchen string to resemble a package for ease in lowering
into the pot and removing.
- Place on the rack in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 1/2 hours.
- Remove the dish from the slow cooker, uncover and let cool for 30
- Serve warm, with whipped cream or ice cream.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes