- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk biscuit mix
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 pounds frozen shrimp, thawed, shelled and cleaned or 3 (5 ounce) cans shrimp, rinsed and rained
- Fluffy rice
- In skillet, melt butter; add onion and cook slightly. Add biscuit mix and stir
until well blended.
- Combine remaining ingredients except shrimp and rice and add with onion mixture
to slow cooker; stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours.
- One hour before serving, turn to HIGH and add shrimp.
- Remove bay leaf and serve over hot fluffy rice.
Yield: 6 servings