One of the main differences between Hungarian goulash and American goulash is
that American goulash uses ground beef.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (24 ounce) can or jar pasta sauce
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces canned mushrooms, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt, or to taste
- 3 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- Brown ground beef, onions and garlic until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Add ground beef mixture to slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients
except the uncooked macaroni.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 hours or on LOW for 4-5 hours.
- Prepare macaroni al dente according to package directions. Drain well
and stir into meat sauce. Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes to heat through.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.