- 1 pound sausage or ground beef
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 pound dry penne rigate noodles
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown sausage or ground beef and drain off fat.
- Mix with spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning.
- In a separate bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan and 1 cup mozzarella.
- Layer in slow cooker as follows: 2 cups meat sauce, 1/2 of the noodles, 1/2 of
the cheese mixture, 2 cups meat sauce, 1/2 of the noodles, 1/2 of the cheese mixture.
- Pour remaining meat sauce over all.
- Cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.