- 1 pound sausage or ground beef
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 pound dry penne rigate noodles
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown sausage or ground beef and drain off fat.
- Mix with spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning.
- In a separate bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan and 1 cup mozzarella.
- Layer in slow cooker as follows: 2 cups meat sauce, 1/2 of the noodles, 1/2 of
the cheese mixture, 2 cups meat sauce, 1/2 of the noodles, 1/2 of the cheese mixture.
- Pour remaining meat sauce over all.
- Cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.