Fresh Spinach Lasagna
A very flavorful slow cooker recipe. This fresh spinach lasagna comes out
perfect every time.
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim Ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup marinara sauce (plus additional for serving)
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 4-6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 (9 ounce) bag baby spinach
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix together mozzarella, Ricotta, Parmesan, egg, oregano and
- Spread 2 tablespoons of pasta sauce in bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle half of zucchini over sauce and top with one third of cheese
mixture. Break 2 noodles into pieces to cover cheese. Spread another 2
tablespoons of sauce and then layer half of spinach and mushrooms. Repeat
layers, ending with cheese and sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Allow to rest for 20 minutes before cutting into wedges.
- Spoon extra sauce over each serving and garnish with basil leaf.
Yield: 6 servings
200 Calories, 8 g. fat, 14 g. protein, 20% daily value calcium