Italian Spaghetti Sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 pounds bulk Italian sausage or ground beef
- 3 medium onions, chopped (2 1/4 cups)
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried leaf parsley
- Cook sausage, onions, bell pepper and garlic in 12-inch skillet over medium heat
about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Spoon sausage mixture into a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Yield: 24 (1/2 cup) servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Pasta Recipes