- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken into pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 3 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 (6 ounce) can French fried onions
- In a large pot with boiling salted water cook spaghetti until
al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl mix together sour cream, grated Parmesan cheese
and minced garlic.
- After beating the egg in a small bowl, transfer
to the large bowl and blend together.
- Transfer to a greased slow cooker.
- Mix cooked and drained spaghetti, 2 cups grated Monterey jack
cheese, thawed spinach and half of the French fried onions
to the slow cooker.
- Stir contents of slow cooker until just blended.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4
- In last 30 minutes of cooking, turn to HIGH if cooking on LOW
and add remaining grated Monterey Jack cheese and French fried
onions to top of casserole.
- Serve when cheese is melted.
Yield: 6 servings