Mushroom and Artichoke Lasagna
Tip: Unlike many recipes for lasagna, this one is not very saucy.
As a result, the noodles on the top layer tend to dry out. Leave
a small amount of cooking liquid from the mushroom mixture behind
in the pan, after adding to the slow cooker. Pour that over the
top layer of noodles, particularly around the edges, where they are most likely to dry out.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1/2 cups quartered artichoke hearts, packed in water, drained, or thawed if frozen
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or vegetable stock
- 12 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 2 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook until softened.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and cook, stirring, until mushrooms begin to release their liquid.
- Stir in artichokes and wine; bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring, 1 or 2 minutes, until liquid reduces slightly. Set aside.
- Cover bottom of slow cooker with 4 noodles, breaking to fit where necessary.
- Spread with half the ricotta, half the mushroom mixture, half of spinach, one-third each
of the mozzarella and Parmesan. Repeat.
- Arrange final layer of noodles over cheese.
- Pour any liquid remaining from mushroom mixture over noodles (see tip
below), and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours, until hot and
Yield: 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.