Pasta e Fagiole
- Olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 large can tomatoes
- Chopped parsley, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can white kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, cooked
- Grated cheese, to taste
- Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes.
- Chop up or lightly process the tomatoes and place into a slow cooker
along with the broth and sautéed onion and garlic.
- Add the parsley and a little salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 3 hours on LOW.
- Add the cooked macaroni and beans.
- Serve with grated cheese if desired.