Spaghetti Sauce 2
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper (optional)
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup granulated sugar (optional)
- 2 pounds Italian sausage links, sliced
- Brown ground beef in 2 tablespoons hot oil in frying pan.
- When almost browned, add onion and continue browning until onion
- Pour meat and onion into a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients except sausage.
- If you like sweeter sauce, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar to the slow cooker.
- Set crock pot to LOW setting.
- Brown sausage in remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- When brown, place sausages in sauce in slow cooker.
- Continue cooking for 12 hours.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings