- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce or 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package shell macaroni, uncooked
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild chopped green chiles
- 2 cups shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onions, drain fat.
- Add the water, taco seasoning and tomato sauce; mix. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to slow cooker. Stir in macaroni and green chiles.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking, top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.