- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 (14.5-ounce can) Ro*Tel
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 2 cups finely shredded taco blend cheese
- 1 can sliced black olives
- Sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add ground beef or ground turkey and
cook until beef or turkey has browned, making sure to crumble the meat as it
cooks; Drain excess fat.
- Transfer meat to slow cooker. Stir in tomatoes and Ro*Tel, 2 cups water
and taco seasoning. Mix well. Cook on LOW for 2 hours.
- On the stovetop, bring water to a boil; add spaghetti, cover, reduce
heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through.
- Mix spaghetti with sauce, then add cheese, allowing the cheese to melt,
about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with black olives, salsa, sour cream and cilantro.
- Serve with garlic bread or breadsticks.
Photo credit: dbgg1979 on Visual hunt / CC BY