- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 pounds fresh plum tomatoes, cored, peeled, seeded and pureed (enough to yield 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Turn the slow cooker on HIGH, and let it heat for 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil, onion and garlic. Stir and cover.
- Cook for 1 hour, or until onion is soft and wilted.
- Uncover and add tomatoes, parsley, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and stir.
- Cook with the cover off for approximately 4 hours. The sauce is done when it is thick and not watery.
Yield: 4 cups
This recipe yields enough for 1 pound of pasta. It will freeze well for up to two months.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.