Wickedly Good Spaghetti Sauce
- 3 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 small onion, minced
- Garlic, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds meat (Italian sausage, chicken, ground round, meatballs or a combination of any of these)
- 1/4 cup red wine
- Brown the meat and discard the grease. If using Italian sausage,
fry it for until well done.
- Place all of the other ingredients in a slow cooker and set to
HIGH. The tomato paste will need a lot of stirring for the first
10 minutes or so.
- Add the meat.
- After the sauce is boiling, turn the slow cooker down to LOW and
cook for 6 to 8 hours.