Autumn Cider Chops
- 1-inch thick pork chops
- 2 cups apple cider
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 cloves (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Light cooking oil
- Trim excess fat from chops.
- Dredge chops in flour, salt and pepper.
- Fry to a golden brown in oil.
- Place chops in slow cooker, layering
the vegetables, seasoning and sugar in between and on top.
- Pour cider over the smothered chops and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve with rice and applesauce.