Black-Eyed Peas and Ham
- 1 pound dried black-eyed peas
- 1/2 pound chopped ham
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red or green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Knorr chicken flavor bouillon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- Soak peas overnight in water. Drain.
- Transfer black-eyed peas to a slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients except
rice. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until peas are tender.
Yield: 8 servings
jeffreyw on Foter.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Pork Recipes