Chalupas with Chipotle Chiles
- 1 (3 pound) pork loin roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried pinto beans, soaked several hours
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 to 3 chipotle peppers en adobo, minced
- Rub roast with salt and pepper. Cut small slits in roast; insert garlic slices.
Place on rack in broiler pan.
- Broil for 15 minutes.
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Rinse pinto beans; drain. Add to slow cooker.
- Add oregano, cumin, chili powder, green chiles and enough water to cover.
- Cook, covered, on LOW for 8 or 9 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chipotles. Cook, uncovered, for 1 hour longer.
- Skim off fat; discard bones.
- Serve on a bed of corn chips with shredded cheese, chopped green onions, tomatoes,
cucumbers, lettuce, avocado, salsa and sour cream.
Suggestion: Add a can of diced tomatoes or Ro*Tel to leftovers and serve over
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Pork Recipes