Chinese Pork Chops
- 6 pork chops, about 1-inch thick (or use pork steaks)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Trim excess fat from pork chops and place in slow cooker.
- Combine brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, salt and
pepper; pour mixture over pork chops.
- Cook, covered, on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve with steamed white rice and/or Chinese noodles.
Yield: 6 servings