This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Pork Chops and Stuffing
- 4 (1-inch thick) pork double loin chops
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups packaged cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- Wipe pork well with damp paper towels; trim off and discard surplus
fat from edges of each chop.
- Lightly sprinkle all surfaces of chops with pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; add chops and brown,
about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Set aside.
- To make stuffing, heat water and 1/4 cup of the butter or margarine
in medium saucepan until fat is melted.
- Stir in stuffing mix, mushrooms, onion, celery and drained corn.
- Melt remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine in 5-quart
slow cooker on HIGH setting; use it to brush sides of slow cooker.
- Spread stuffing over bottom of slow cooker.
- Arrange pork chops on top.
- Cook, covered, on LOW setting for 8 to 10 hours.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 8:01:06am 10/30/03.