Fiesta Sausage with Pineapple
- 2 pounds kielbasa or smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 cup juice from pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- Cook sausage until almost done; drain fat.
- Cook pineapple juice, lemon juice, cornstarch and brown sugar until thick.
- Stir in salt.
- Put sausage, fruit and vegetables in slow cooker, then pour juice mixture over all.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve over rice.