Flamin' Cajun Riblets
Deliciously seasoned pork ribs that will delight the taste buds!
- 3 pounds pork loin back ribs
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup bottled
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 Serrano pepper, seeded and finely
- 2 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons bottled hot pepper sauce
- Snipped fresh parsley, optional
- Sprinkle the ribs with Cajun seasoning rubbing it in with your fingers.
- Cut ribs
into single rib portions.
- Place ribs in a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker.
- In bowl, mix chili sauce, onion, Serrano pepper, tapioca, lemon peel, lemon juice
and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour sauce over ribs.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 5 to 6 hours or on HIGH setting for 2 1/2 to
- Serve at once or keep warm, covered, on warm setting or lon LOW heat setting for
up to 2 hours.
- Remove any bones without meat. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Yield: 12 servings
Because hot chile peppers, such as Serrano's, contain volatile oils that
can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with chilies as much a possible.
When working with chile pepper, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands
do touch the chile peppers, wash your hands well with soap and water.