Green Chile Roast
- 1 medium size pork roast
- 1 large can green chiles, not pickled
- 1 large can tomatoes, chopped (with juice)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 to 1 small can hot jalapenos, diced (optional)
- About 2 teaspoons salt
- About 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cover roast with water in slow cooker and simmer overnight or approximately 8 hours.
- Let cool.
- Remove meat from bone and separate into smaller pieces.
- Add meat, tomatoes, chiles and diced onions to the broth.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook on LOW for another 8 hours.
- Thicken with flour and water.
- Let set overnight in refrigerator.
- Serve the next day alone, with tortillas or over burritos.