Peachy Pork Steaks
- 1 1/2 pounds pork steaks (4 steaks) (cut 1 1/2 inches thick
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can peach slices in juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Trim fat from steaks.
- In skillet cook trimmings until about 2 tablespoons
fat accumulate; discard trimmings.
- Brown steaks on both sides in hot fat.
- Sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper.
- Drain peaches, reserving
syrup. Place peaches in slow cooker, and place meat atop.
- Combine reserved peach juice, vinegar and bouillon granules; pour over steaks.
- Cover; cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Arrange steaks and peaches atop rice on platter; keep warm. Garnish
with snipped parsley, if desired.
- Skim excess fat from cooking liquid
in saucepan blend cold water slowly into cornstarch; stir in the
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve with steaks.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Better Homes & Gardens Kitchen Appliance Cookbook (1982)