Pennsylvania Pot Roast
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 medium red potatoes, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 8 fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Browning sauce, optional
- Place roast in slow cooker; add broth, onions and seasonings.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Add potatoes, carrots and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8
hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the meat and vegetables and keep warm. Discard bay leaf.
- In saucepan combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir in 1
1/2 cups cooking juices. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes
or until thickened.
- Add browning sauce if desired.
- Serve with roast and vegetables.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.