- 4 pounds boneless pork butt or shoulder
- 1 cup cola
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce
- Trim all possible fat from roast.
- Place in slow cooker, pour cola
over, cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours or until pork can
be easily shredded.
- Remove pork from slow cooker, and shred in a bowl, removing all possible
fat. Let cool slightly.
- Discard liquid.
- Return pork to slow cooker (do not wash slow cooker).
- Add barbecue sauce to taste and mix.
- Continue to cook on LOW for
5 to 6 hours, adding more barbecue sauce if needed.
- Serve as sandwiches in buns.