Pork Chop Stew
- 6 pork loin chops
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small cabbage, cut into thin wedges (optional)
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sliced stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Trim fat from chops. Coat with 2 tablespoons flour.
- Brown chops in oil over medium heat.
- Place potatoes, onion and carrots into slow cooker.
- Sprinkle remaining flour over and toss to coat.
- Layer over potato mixture, in order,
cabbage, salt, pepper, chops, bouillon, 1/4 cup water and stewed
tomatoes with juice. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 1/2
to 4 hours or on LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
- Optional: In small saucepan, stir sour cream and cornstarch until
- Measure cooking liquid and add enough water or milk to equal
1 1/2 cups. Stir into saucepan with sour cream mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and mixture comes to a boil.
- Serve with chops.