This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Porketta Pork Roast
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 pounds pork boneless shoulder roast
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Mix Italian seasoning, fennel, salt and celery seed. Pat seasoning
mixture evenly over pork.
- Spray a 12-inch nonstick skilled with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook pork for 5 to 10 minutes, turning several times until brown.
- Place parsnips, sweet potatoes and garlic in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Pour water over vegetables.
- Place pork on top of vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9 to 10 hours or until pork is tender.
- Cut pork across grain into slices, and serve with vegetables and juices.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings