This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Pulled Pork Sandwich
This is a delicious and easy slow cooker recipe that everyone will enjoy!
- 4 pounds pork shoulder roast, boneless
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 yellow onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Slap Ya Mama Original Blend
- 12 ounces BBQ Sauce (we used Jay D’s Louisiana Barbecue Sauce)
- 8 hamburger or brioche buns
- green cabbage, 1/2 head or 3 cups, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning
- Red cabbage, 1/2 head or 3 cups, shredded
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 large jalapeno, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- Pork: Season the roast with 2 tablespoons of Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning,
being sure to cover it evenly.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add butter and roast. Brown all sides
of the roast and set aside.
- In the same skillet, reduce heat to medium; add onions and garlic and sauté until
onions are tender.
- Add just enough water to cover the bottom of the skillet, stir in dark brown
sugar, being sure to scrap the bottom of the skillet to help bring up remnants of
the browned pork and onion/garlic mixture. Bring to a light boil then remove from
- Place roast in the slow cooker and pour contents of the skillet over the roast.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Once cooked, remove from the slow cooker and let rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Using 2 forks, pull roast apart into small slices or chunks.
- Toss with BBQ sauce
to desired taste, serve on buns and top with coleslaw.
- Coleslaw: Combine the cabbage, jalapeno, onion and carrots in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar and Slap Ya Mama Hot
- Add dressing to cabbage mixture and toss well.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Slap Ya Mama