Seed Crusted Pork Roast
This savory blend of aniseed, fennel, caraway, dill seed, and celery seeds creates a crust-like coating for pork roast that's prepared in the slow cooker.
- 1 (2 2/3- to 3-pound) pork roast
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon aniseed
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 tablespoon dill seed
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup water
- Apple wedges (optional)
- Mint sprigs (optional)
- Trim fat from roast. Rub soy sauce over surface of roast with fingers.
- On a large piece of foil combine aniseed, fennel seed, caraway seed,
dill seed and celery seed. Roll roast in seeds to coat evenly.
- Wrap roast in foil. Let meat stand in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours
- Remove foil from roast. If necessary, cut roast to fit into the slow cooker.
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- In a small bowl dissolve bouillon granules in water; pour around roast.
- Cover; cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.
- Transfer roast to a serving platter. Garnish platter with apple
wedges and mint sprigs, if desired.
- Strain cooking juices; pass juices with roast.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional facts per serving: calories: 234 , total fat: 8g,
saturated fat: 2g, cholesterol: 106mg, sodium: 567mg, carbohydrate:
3g, fiber: 1g, protein: 37g, vitamin C: 4%