This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Slow-Cooked Short Ribs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 4 1/2 pounds boneless beef short ribs
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper.
- Add ribs in batches and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown ribs in butter.
- Transfer to a large slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, combine remaining ingredients.
- Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil; pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9 to 10 hours or until meat is tender.
Yield: 12 to 15 servings
Source: Taste of Home magazine - June/July 2000