Mexican Pork Tacos
Pillsbury® biscuits make great soft taco shells when cooked in the skillet.
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 boneless
pork shoulder (3 pounds)
- 1 can (10 ounces) Old El Paso® red enchilada sauce
- 2 cans
(16.3 ounces each) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers refrigerated original biscuits (16
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
shredded lettuce and shredded Mexican cheese blend, if desired
- Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning mix over pork shoulder, pressing to coat.
- Place pork in slow cooker.
- Top with enchilada sauce.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting 5 to 6 hours or until tender.
- During last 20 minutes of cooking, make taco shells: Separate dough into 16 biscuits.
- Sprinkle flour on work surface; press or roll each biscuit to form 6-inch round.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 biscuit rounds to skillet; cook 1 minute on each side or until light golden
- Repeat with remaining biscuit rounds, adding more oil as needed.
- Remove pork from slow cooker; shred meat with fork, discarding fat.
- Place shredded pork in large bowl.
- Strain sauce. Add 1 cup of the strained sauce. Stir well.
- Spoon pork mixture into taco shells.
- Top with salsa, lettuce and cheese.
prep time 30 min
total time 5 hr 30 min
Get as creative as you like with the toppings on these tacos. Diced green chiles,
taco sauce and shredded cabbage all make great additions.
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 840 Calories from Fat 450
Total Fat 50g Saturated Fat 13g Trans Fat 4g Cholesterol 110mg Sodium 1490mg Total
Carbohydrate 56g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 0g Protein 42g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 20%
Exchanges: 3 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 7
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: