This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Slow Cooker Pork Loin with Vegetables
While this one-pot dinner saves time on busy fall evenings, it also boasts a
rich, tangy sauce that gets a special twist from the spice of apple butter.
- 2 pounds pork loin
- 1 large red onion
- 1 1/2pounds baby potatoes
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Musselman's Apple Butter
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- Place large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. (If using regular skillet,
add 1 tablespoon oil.) Season pork loin with salt and pepper, and place in skillet.
- Sear pork loin on all sides to seal in juices, about 8-10 minutes.
- Peel onion and cut into large chunks. Cover bottom of large, 6-quart slow
cooker with half the chopped onion, potatoes and carrots.
- Lay seared pork loin over top and surround with remaining vegetables.
- In small bowl, whisk together minced garlic, apple butter, mustard, soy
sauce and broth. Pour mixture over pork and vegetables.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Once potatoes are tender, cut tenderloin into thin slices and place on platter,
surrounded by vegetables.
- Taste gravy, and season with salt and pepper, as needed, then pour gravy
over pork and serve.
through Family Features